Friday 20 September 2013

Art: Brainstorming for Time Painting


For art, my classmates and I were assigned to do a painting. Although we were to not simply paint an object such as a bowl of fruits, but paint a theme. After thinking and throwing ideas around with a friend, I finished with three possible concepts; time, corruption and the natural illusion/phenomenon of rainbows. With those three ideas I wrote and drew up my first brainstorm of my painting (refer to the 1rst photo). This basic brainstorm allowed me to eliminate my subjects from three to one; time. With Time as my theme, I then proceeded to make a second mind-map/brainstorm (refer to 2nd and 3rd photo), which is not complete. This brainstorm has allowed me to decide that I will be painting six smaller perspectives of time, based on common sayings such as Time Flies. The mind-map is not complete for I am in the process of searching for references/examples (paintings, images, and artists) to visually base my painting off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment