Monday 28 October 2013

Art: Gesso for Time Painting

My art teacher is sick today, but she left us our itinerary. The first thing on the list is to complete our three sketch drafts. The second activity is to gesso three white sheets. With my three sketch drafts somewhat complete, I was able to gesso. I was instructed to tape down three, stretched-flat, white sheets; and gesso them. These three gessoed sheets will be used for our studies. By studies, I mean three new drafts; three new painted drafts. Which leads to the third instruction of beginning to sketch out and paint our three new drafts on the dried gessoed sheets. The photo is of my drying gessoed sheets. I had taped them stretched-out so when gessoed they would not wrinkle, but I guess I didn't do a good enough job for the middle one is quite wrinkled. I guess I'll have to see if, when dry, they won't be as wrinkled since the gesso will have settled-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment